Ashburton Aboriginal Corporation (AAC) collaboration with Aveling to provide us access to their online white card training. This course is delivered via Aveling’s online Learning Management System (LMS).
White Card Training – Online
Upon enrolling, we were able to be given access to the course for 90 days, which means that we had up to 90 days to complete the course. Within this timeframe, everyone must successfully complete.
We were provided with the guidelines of what to expect from the course which consists of the below:
- All online learning and questions
- A short-written assessment (completing a basic form)
- A verbal assessment
- A practical demonstration
- The verbal assessment and practical demonstration are carried out in one session, in our case, we had to be booked with Aveling to deliver the practical assessment via Teams (webcam).
- The session will take about 30 minutes and must be completed within 30 days of completing the online learning component.
the assessment for the course is conducted in English and must be completed without the aid of a translator.
- PPE requirements for the Practical assessment
- Upon Completion of the Course – Each Student will receive their Construction White Card.
As part of the assessment process, students were required to verify their identity and demonstrate proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Due to the enhanced hygiene requirements associated with COVID, students were required to provide your own PPE and ensure it is in good working order before the assessment, whether in person or via video call.
Requirements for the Practical Assessment:
- Hard hat
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection (earmuffs or ear plugs)
- High visibility (hi-vis) vest
Upon completion of the theory part of the online training, our students walked away in confidence and a step forward to their achieving their goals in their career path. We hope to keep their confidence uplifted and to keep working alongside with everyone on their journeys.