Youth Workers are required for a Youth Centre Program in South Hedland. The successful applicants will have the ability to work on a casual basis. Following are the programs run by Youth Centre. Skilled youth workers are required to provide case management support to individual young people who wish to improve their future pathways.
- The Deadly Hearts offers a range of recreation, diversion, education and sporting activities to all youth aged 5 – 11.
- The Youth Centreis a drop-in centre that offers a range of recreation, diversion, education and sporting activities to all youth aged 12 – 17.
- Mungka Mayais YICs specialty space currently offering a range of programs and workshops throughout the year such as Mindfulness & Meditation, Rock & Water and Chill Skills to all youth aged from 5 – 17 years.
Mingle Mob is a Youth Outreach and Transport Program aimed at improving social and lawful behaviour in the community. Mingle Mob Youth Workers engage and offer advice, provide safe transport home and can source helpful information and where required provide referrals towards case management.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Drivers licence preferred
- Indigenous preferred
- Must be reliable
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
Strong customer service skills