The yard operator is a senior operational role that provides direct coordination of the sleeper stockpiles and surrounding yard. Key aspects of this role include:
Stockpiling of sleepers in a safe, orderly efficient manner to maximise the capacity of the yard,
• Taking great care in the movement, stacking, and loading of sleepers to ensure the sleepers do not sustain handling damage,
• Loading sleepers on to trucks to meet the customers shipping schedule, which also includes final quality checks and compliance assessments to ensure Austrak’s CoR and load restraint responsibilities are upheld
• Completion of administrative functions such as shipping paper work, stock counts, traceability of first class/second class. Defect stock, etc
• Lead safety performance by implanting and directing safe working practices, providing an example of good proactive.
• Implement the health and safety plan in area of control
• Coordinate activities with quality control and maintenance staff to achieve planned performance.
• Report on all relevant despatch matter to the Factory Manager/Administrators on a daily basis
• Previous experience in a heavy yard operations, particularly operating forklifts to lift long and awkward loads, not just pallet operations.
• Minimum of 2 years operating larger type forklifts in the order of 16t capacity
• In-dept knowledge of CoR and load restraint
• Forklift licence
• Suitable experience in stockpiling sleepers
• Knowledge of safety and quality principles and processes
• Ability to identify and control issues associated with plant and equipment
• Effective communication with Team members and key stakeholders
• Prioritize work schedules to meet operational goals, and safety and quality KPI’s.