Assist the Technical Manager with the maintenance, technical and inventory function for the safe and reliable delivery of maintenance activities of all site-specific company operated vessels and associated equipment in Port Hedland.
No Experience required, would suit new entrant.
- Participates in safety and maintenance meetings and any other meetings as required to learn.
- Follows safe working procedures, operating procedures and guidelines supporting a safe work environment.
- Complies with all PPE and other Engage Marine Group and client HSEQ requirements and applicable policies.
- Complies with regulatory and site-specific training requirements including operating equipment and machinery.
- Foster and promote good relations and communications between and among shipboard personnel, client representatives and the entire shoreside team.
- Assist the Technical Manager as required in relation to accidents, incidents, near misses and non-conformities reporting and investigations.
- Building and encouraging mutual trust, respect and cooperation amongst all team members.
- Assist the Technical Manager to help on site contractors for maintenance activities such as pickups and drop offs from the site gate.
- Assist the Technical Manager with purchasing of inventory and parts as required and assisting to ensure non-used inventory is tracked and managed appropriately in the onsite store.
- Load and unload deliveries using the forklift as and when required by the Technical Manager.
- Promoting individual accountability amongst team members and maintaining a high level of work standards, culture and behaviours.
- Assist the Technical Manager to raise purchase orders for maintenance purchases on CONCUR as required.
- Assist the technical Manager when identifying system breakdowns to learn.
- Other ad hoc administrative duties for the Technical Manager or Port Manager as required.
- Developing and maintaining a culture of positive safety behaviours and reporting across the operations and workplaces to avoid harm.
- Values driven leadership throughout the workplace.
- Leading by example and ensuring colleagues are fully conversant with safety procedures, guidelines and expectations.
- To actively promote the guiding principles and values of the company to all stakeholders internally and externally.
- Ensuring adherence to all legislative, customer and safety standards and procedures.
- Ensuring the necessary communication and leadership to create and maintain an engaging workplace.
- Trade Qualification or interest in Engineering would be highly regarded.
- Forklift Licence.
- Drivers Licence.
- Effective communication skills.
- Administrative skills, including attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and control own workload.
- Ability to manage and maintain positive and effective relationships.
- Ability to motivate others and lead by example in order to promote a safe and effective culture in all areas of the workplace.
- Good IT Skills, including use of Microsoft Office Suite.