The roles primary function is to work with other staff to create a safe and respectful home environment for young people
to assist them to take responsibility and make healthy life choices.
- Commitment to upholding HOPE’s vision, mission, and values.
- Experience in delivery of services (programs) to young people
- Experience and / or willingness to work with young people with challenging behaviours
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well with young people and understanding youth culture.
- Ability to work in culturally sensitive ways.
- Knowledge and understanding of co morbidity (or willingness to undertake training)
- Ability to use a computer for reporting and record keeping
- Ability to follow directions and work as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills to manage difficult situations
- Ability to prepare meals & maintain a clean and healthy environment
- Ability to engage in outdoor recreational activities
- An understanding of and adherence to working within personal and professional boundaries
- Current knowledge of and commitment to Equal Opportunity in all aspects of employment and service delivery
- A broad knowledge of drug and alcohol issues and how they impact on young people
ESSENTIAL PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Current C or A class driver’s license
- Working with Children’s Card
- Police Certificate (within 3 months)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Willingness to complete Pre-employment Form PSD0001 verification of identification by Department of Justice (DOJ) prior to interview
- Covid-19 Vaccination (fully vaccinated)