About the Role
The primary purpose of the Recycle Coordinator is to manage operations associated with our Containers for Change facility.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating all aspects of the Refund Point Operations and Logistics across a designated area
- Supervising, mentoring and training small culturally diverse teams
- Delivering outstanding customer service to the general public, community organizations, and stakeholders
- Ensuring Tom Price collection points are well presented by maintaining a safe, clean, efficient, professional environment for team members and Tom Price customers
- Counting and sorting containers by material types
- Manual handling of products that weigh up to 15kg
- Monitor, remove and replace storage bins used for the purpose of sorting and storing returned containers.
- Guide customers as to how the scheme works.
- Source products required to carry out recycling responsibilities
- Coordinating transportation logistics, and liaising with various stakeholders
The person we are seeking should have:
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to muck in
- Attention to detail, good with counting and numbers
- Experience in handling cash
- An exceptional safety focus
- Previous experience interacting face to face with customers
- Physically fit, some manual lifting will be required
- Be passionate about recycling and protecting the environment
- Be passionate about coaching and mentoring new staff members
- Be availability to work a roster including Saturdays and day and afternoon shifts.
- Be available to travel for work, when required
- Be able to take on other recycling projects when needed
- A current HR Class License, current Forklift Ticket.