A Hedland Indigenous recruitment agency requires a Production Operator to work as part of a team to perform duties in accordance with specified requirements in a competent, efficient and safe manner.
***Applications will need Police Clearance and Driver’s License included. ***
Crew Team Work and Efficiency:
• Contribute to the efficient operation of the Crew by becoming a team player
• Participate in Crew discussion, training sessions and daily meeting
• Ensure crew targets and tasks are understood and carried out.
• Provide advice, assistance and training to other Crew members as and when required.
• Assume the role of Crew Leader when required.
Occupational Health & Safety:
• Ensure a healthy and safe working environment is provided by adhering to safe work method procedures, systems, and instructions.
• Inspect all Plant/Equipment prior to use to ensure that it is safe to operate, taking immediate corrective action to eliminate unsafe conditions and equipment.
• Report all accidents, injuries, near misses, and or faulty Plant/Equipment to the Supervisor and HSE Adviser.
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping.
• Provide training, when necessary, to other Crew members on safe work practices, and SWI’s
• Carry out duties as required producing concrete railway sleepers to meet target production and quality levels
• Carry out work in a correct, competent, safe and efficient manner in accordance with approved procedures, work instruction, codes, standards, operation and maintenance manuals, specifications, drawing and site licences.
• Carry out inspection and testing in accordance with approved procedures, and report results.
• Entry level position
• Previous experience operating machinery and power tools would be advantageous
• Any High-Risk Licences would be advantageous
• Willing to learn new skills in a manufacturing facility
• Knowledge of safety and control issues associated with plant and equipment.
• Ability to identify and control issues associated with plant and equipment
• Effective communication with Team members and Key Stakeholders
• Prioritise work schedules to meet operations goals, and Safety and quality KPI’s
• Demonstrated time management and organisation skills