We are seeking a Plant Operator to commence employment in the Parks & Gardens Team of our local council. You role is to assist in the delivery of Parks & Gardens maintenance including landscaping, mowing and irrigation work programs.
- Assist the Team Leader/Leading Hand in delivering operational maintenance programs for Parks & Gardens operation.
- Operate small plant equipment including ride on mower, whipper snipper, hedge trimmers, blowers and edgers.
- Operate large plant equipment including tractors and slashers
- MR class drivers licence
- White Card
- Demonstrated experience or formal Qualification in, design, installation and Maintenance of commercial irrigation/park management systems
- Demonstrated experience operating small plant equipment related to Horticulture/Irrigation or Turf management fields
- Broad understanding of the role of horticultural turf management and irrigation standards and techniques
- Operating experience of large plant equipment such as tractors and slashers.
- Experience in the operations of commercial irrigation systems/park management systems.
- Hold current Australian Chemcert licence
- Basic Worksite Traffic Management and Traffic Control qualification
- Current First Aid qualification