We are currently seeking a Mechanical Technician – Light Vehicle to join our Mobile Maintenance team based at Telfer. Reporting to the Supervisor – Light Vehicle and Ancillary Equipment Maintenance, you will be accountable for carrying out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of NML light vehicle and ancillary equipment fleet with emphasis on company values, safety, environmental and statutory requirements.
Your responsibilities will include maintenance and technical support of the equipment, acting on breakdowns and emergencies while delivering a high standard of safety.
You will be required to drive onsite and must have a minimum HR Licence.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented and enjoy continuous improvement and driving for results. You will have experience in a similar role with light vehicle and ancillary equipment in surface or underground mining or the willingness to learn and be trained to become a Tyre Fitter.
You will also have:
- HR Licence is essential
- Ability to pass Pre-Medical and Drug & Alcohol screening.
- The right candidate may be trained if they have the willingness to learn.
- Proven experience in mining, oil & gas or other heavy industry highly regarded
- Previous experience with electronic diagnostic tools (TEXA, Toyota, etc.) highly regarded
- EWP/ rigger / forklift license and an Air Conditioning Accreditation is advantageous
- Knowledge of SAP or similar systems is highly regarded
- Strong MS Office and computer skills
- Ability to be proactive and think quickly on your feet
- Fly in / Fly Out 2:2 Roster Port Hedland / Perth / Telfer return
- Must be fully vaccinated and receive booster when available