Ensure safe and production operation of the particular process section. Provide on the spot leadership is upheld. This is a hands-on role as part of the team undertaking operations tasks along with providing team leadership.
The Leading hand has the responsibility for and authority over:
- Every person performing work in the team’s area inclusive of each member of the team casual appointments temporary members, trainees, and visitors.
- All operations, activities and events occurring within the team’s area.
- Every person entering the teams work area for whatever reason
- Lead work discussions and document Team meeting.
- Encourage team participation and group discussion about problems.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of the Team by being a team player.
- Provide advice, assistance, and training to other Team members as and when required.
- Strong team development and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of safety and quality principles and processes.
- Ability to identify and control issues associated with plant and equipment.
- Effective communication with Team members and Key stakeholders
- Able to influence, motivate and lead others by positive and proactive examples.
- Prioritise work schedules to meet operations goals, and Safety and Quality KPI’s
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills