Bloodwood Tree Association is an incorporated Aboriginal organisation based in South Hedland. Employment and Training services and support is a core component of our operations. Two full-time vacancies exist in our newly created Jobs & Skills Centre East Pilbara team.
Supporting and assisting local Indigenous people into Training, Work Ready and Employment opportunities, mentoring jobseekers, liaising with local employment agencies and job service providers, working with local businesses to create employment opportunities, registering, and maintaining client files and helping clients into employment or undertake further training & skills development to become job ready. Based in South Hedland with regular travel to Marble Bar, Warralong, Yandeyarra and Newman.
- Experience in working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Possess good computer data entry and verbal communication skills.
- Remote travel experience.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Have relevant experience in the training and employment field, particularly with Aboriginal people.
- The ability to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Understanding and knowledge of training, recruitment, and employment issues.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively with clients (youth and adult), local businesses, employment agencies, other non-government agencies.
- Willingness to obtain National Police clearance, Working with Children and Senior First Aid.
- Hold a current Western Australian ‘C’ Class driver’s licence.