The Home Ownership Support Officer will work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people based in the Pilbara, who aspire and have the capacity to move towards independent housing, Face barriers that prevent them from moving towards independent housing, are in employment and/or paid training and commit to achieving the programs outcomes.
- Supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) families through provision of individualised participation plans which are responsive to their need and aspirations.
- Transitioning and supporting families into home ownership.
- Creating jobs for ATSI people.
- Assisting families with school aged children to attend school.
- Promoting the program through advertising and marketing.
- Organise First Home Buyers purchasing information sessions.
- Improve financial independence for participants through one on one counselling or group workshops to have better financial situations and understanding.
- Work on culturally appropriate material for one-stop-shop kit to assist participants with checklist and requirements for purchasing a home in Hedland.
- A record of all Pre Home Purchase Support Services rendered, including but not limited to: Pre-purchase termite inspection/report (local), Pre-purchase building inspection/report (local), Australia Post Land Title Verification (standard) and obtaining personal ID to fulfil the Australian Land Title Certification ie Birth Certificates, MDL Replacement and/or WA Proof of Age Card.
- Pre-Program – Participation plans developed with families on entry to the program.
- Program – Participation Plan developed prior to tenancy start date.
- Post-Program – Participation Plans (opt-in) developed prior to tenancy end date.
- Pre-Program and Program – Participation plans reviewed every three months.
- Any other duties as determined by Chief Executive Officer.
The following skills are required for the Home Owner Support Officer however, employer will provide support and training opportunities to assist in developing these skills:
- Knowledge in Real Estate and Home Buying in the Port Hedland community.
- Able to supervise and direct staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Administrative and Organisational skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work with minimum supervision.
- The ability to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.