G’day Group comprises three leading Australian tourism brands Discovery Parks, G’day Parks and the loyalty program G’day Rewards. Employing more than 1800 people Australia-wide, G’day Group has a truly national footprint of over 300-holiday parks, including 80 fully owned and operated parks. The largest park network in the country, we’re about authentic Australian holiday experiences and inviting all Aussies to say g’day to more of Australia.
We’re on a journey of growth and evolution to reshape the industry, offering the best customer experience underpinned by the best technology. With eyes on domestic and regional tourism like never before we are building a passionate, adaptable, high-performance team to deliver holiday memories that put a smile on every g’day.
ABOUT THE PARK:
Our holiday park in Port Hedland is perfectly located for both remote workers and holidaymakers. Prime location for outdoor adventures, from off-road driving to coastal walks and endless fishing hot spots.
- 126 Cabins – 10 Deluxe, 20 Superior, 83 Standard and 13 Budget options
- 74 Powered sites
- Playground, activity room and pool
- Dog friendly park for our furry friends.
- Located right on the beachfront with access to unique phenomenon ‘Staircase to the Moon’, when the full moon rises at low tide, a must-see.
We are looking for a General Manager with strong leadership and a customer-centric and hands-on approach, with demonstrated experience in hospitality management or managing an accommodation-based business. You will be dedicated, driven, and able to ensure the delivery of exceptional guest service whilst achieving revenue targets, managing expenses and guiding the day-to-day work and development of a dedicated team. Most importantly, you will bring with you a passion for the holiday park lifestyle!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment, management and leadership of a diverse park team including administration, housekeeping, grounds, maintenance, customer service and possibly a range of permanent customers that live on site
- Team training and development
- Proactively planning and implementing sales and marketing activities in line with customer needs
- Financial management – operating, reporting, delivering and implementing budgets
- Maximising revenue opportunities
- Asset management
- Office administration
- Leading by example ensuring efficient management practices are employed, maintaining compliance with safety, statutory and brand standards
- Attending to after-hours call outs
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
We are looking for:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in hospitality management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven and demonstrated experience in managing, developing and training staff
- Strong computer skills, especially in the MS Office suite
- A good understanding of a Food & Beverage Operation
- Previous experience with RMS or similar reservations systems – desired
- Current valid Drivers Licence – essential
- Park Manager incentive scheme – earn up to 6% of your salary per quarter
- Live-in accommodation for you and your family
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
We believe in creating experiences that people will always want more of. Inspiring and share worthy; the real stuff memories are made of.