A local aboriginal corporation is looking for an Employment Engagement Officer to join their team, with a following key criteria to be able to consider for the position.
- A strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people (both Indigenous & non-Indigenous) with competing needs.
- A demonstrated capacity to achieve outcomes.
- Excellent administrative skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to influence decision makers.
- Excellent Personal presentation and grooming
- Ability to administer and maintain a safe working environment.
- Ability to be adaptive, collaborative, flexible and innovating in problem solving as a contributing member of the wider team.
- Hold a current WA C Class drivers’ licence
- Confidence to speak to groups and employers
- Knowledge or ability to learn pathways to employment within various industries.
- Previous employment service counselling experience
- Demonstrated experience or capacity to work and engage with Aboriginal people
- An understanding of the cultural, political, economic and social issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in contemporary Australian society.
- Experience in working for Not-for-profit organisational framework.