A full-time vacancy exists for a Cultural Mental Health Worker to join our current team working Monday – Friday. Based at Bloodwood Tree, you will be assisting in the provision of holistic mental health care and support to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander clients of the Integrated Mental Health Service – Pilbara. This position works closely and collaborates strongly with the Mission Australia.
Following skills are required:
- Relevant mental health industry experience.
- Experience working in the mental health sector or relevant community experience.
- Case management experience working with clients dealing with mental health issues including the ability to make sound decisions that address client’s complex health needs and the ability to motivate and engage clients who demonstrate challenging behaviour.
- Extensive experience of work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and developing polices that ensure these groups are provided culturally secure service provision.
- Strong communication skills and ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to write and enter accurate case notes and perform other administrative tasks relevant to the position.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- A sound level of computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
- Willingness to obtain Police Clearance, Work with Children WWC and First Aid Certificate.
- Current ‘C’ Class WA drivers licence.
- COVID Vaccination Certificate – Double vaccinated