Aboriginal Family Legal Services aims to provide free, culturally secure, legal and support services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander victims and survivors of family violence and/or sexual assault.
We are seeking two Community Engagement Workers (CEW) in our Port Hedland office. A Full time and a Part Time (0.6 FTE).
The Community Engagement role forms a liaison between victims of Aboriginal family violence and the services provided by Aboriginal Family Legal Services (AFLS).
We are committed to creating a environment that is culturally safe for our clients. As such, we are actively seeking applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates for this position.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To promote our service within our regional communities by referring clients to AFLS solicitors for legal representation.
- Undertaking community legal education and facilitating general support services.
- Provision of administrative duties relevant to upkeep of client data with an exceptional understanding of confidentiality.
- Working independently and within a team to coordinate and present at remote community programs; including the ability to travel to these communities.
- This position offers a great package and opportunity to grow within the company.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent relevant experience
- Ability to travel remotely for outreach services.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound computer skills
- Experience in dealing one-on-one with clients.
- An understanding of Aboriginal family violence, domestic violence, and sexual assault
- Ability to interact with Aboriginal people in remote and rural communities by way of working with clients and the wider community in relation to violence and sexual assault.
- Ability to provide information & education to clients and the wider community.
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience working with victims/survivors of family abuse
ESSENTIAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Current ‘C’ class WA Driver’s License
- Current Federal Police Clearance
- Working with Children’s Check
- Covid 19 Vaccination (2x dose and booster)