Aboriginal Family Legal Services aims to provide free, culturally secure, legal and support services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander victims and survivors of family violence and/or sexual assault.
We are seeking two Community Engagement Workers (CEW) in our Port Hedland office. A Full time and a Part Time (0.6 FTE).
The Community Engagement role forms a liaison between victims of Aboriginal family violence and the services provided by Aboriginal Family Legal Services (AFLS).
We are committed to creating an environment that is culturally safe for our clients. As such, we are actively seeking applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates for this position.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To promote our service within our regional communities by referring clients to AFLS solicitors for legal representation.
- Undertaking community legal education and facilitating general support services.
- Provision of administrative duties relevant to upkeep of client data with an exceptional understanding of confidentiality.
- Working independently and within a team to coordinate and present at remote community programs; including the ability to travel to these communities.
- This position offers a great package and opportunity to grow within the company.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent relevant experience
- Ability to travel remotely for outreach services.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound computer skills
- Experience in dealing one-on-one with clients.
- An understanding of Aboriginal family violence, domestic violence, and sexual assault
- Ability to interact with Aboriginal people in remote and rural communities by way of working with clients and the wider community in relation to violence and sexual assault.
- Ability to provide information & education to clients and the wider community.
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience working with victims/survivors of family abuse
ESSENTIAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Current ‘C’ class WA Driver’s License
- Current Federal Police Clearance
- Working with Children’s Check
- Covid 19 Vaccination (2x dose and booster)