We are seeking a part-time Cleaner for a Sobering Up Centre in South Hedland to work Monday to Friday from 7am to 11am.
- Signing clients in with correct details.
- Preparing clients for showers (Towels, Soap etc.).
- Bring in any washing; wash dirty clothes.
- Clean & tidy, Sweep & mop floor of Staff Kitchen: Daily
Female – Staff bathroom: Daily
- Clean All surfaces, taps, basin, shower soap dish to be wiped over.
- Wipe window ledges, light switches and door knobs.
- Clean mirror with glass cleaner.
- Clean toilet bowl & seat with disinfectant.
Bathrooms – Female: Daily
- Walk through bathrooms removing all soaps, liquid soap bottles, shampoo cups, razors,
- and shaving cream, items left in the urinal and rubbish bags.
- You will require Disinfectant, glaze window cleaner, toilet Cleaner, bin bags, 2 cleaning
- cloths, spare pair of gloves, to clean the bathrooms and toilets out.
- Males – use hot water with disinfectant cleaner in a bucket to wash down urinal.
- Clean toilets with toilet cleaner.
- Replace bin liners.
- Use disinfectant to spray bathroom walls, soap dishes, outside of toilet bowl, hand
- basin, tiles and tiled bench tops.
- Clean inside of toilet bowls with toilet brush; pour disinfectant into bowls and leave.
- Wipe over all surfaces with clean cloth.
- Check, tidy and wipe down entrance of cupboard shelves.
- Hose down shower walls.
- Using paper towels wipe down mirrors with window cleaner.
- Remove all left-over material into laundry.
- Replace towels and new soap bars.
- Sweep & Mop bathroom, with hot water.
- Replace bin in correct area of bathroom.
- Replace toilet paper.
- Female cleaner – Centre Room: Daily
- Tidy Centre room, including entrance desk
- Wipe down table and chairs in Centre room with disinfectant.
- Wipe all other surfaces – window ledges, desks, benches, light switches, door handles
- Sweep and Mop area with hot water and disinfectant.
- Sweep and Mop laundry floors.
- Wash walls and skirting boards in all areas.
- List requirement of cleaning consumables and report to the coordinator.
- Screen outdoor areas for clothes and any rubbish to be placed in bins.
Client Laundry: Daily
- Tidy clothes in outside laundry.
- Clean Sink with Gumption.
- Sweep Floor.
- Pick up Clothes on ground and off fences.
- Wipe Washing Machines.
- Wipe Dryer and remove lint from filter.
We will provide support and training to assist to develop these skills:
* ability to work with homeless Aboriginal people,
* ability to plan cleaning schedules,
* ability to maintain the Wapa Maya Centre in a clean and hygienic condition,
* ability to identify maintenance issues and complete reports,
* ability to work in a team environment,
* Willingness to obtain Police Certificate, Working with Children’s and Senior First Aid.