- Responsible for completing a variety of job tasks involving general carpentry, framing and formwork to assist with the completing of all projects. General labour duties when required.
- Certificate 3 in carpentry & Joinery – Mandatory for Carpentry only
- White or Blue Card (OHS Construction card) – Mandatory
- Valid Driver’s licence or have their own way of getting to and from work.
- Must be able to pass a standard Pre employment Medical with a Drug & Alcohol screen – Mandatory.
- Construction experience is desired but not mandatory.
- Own reliable transport to Port daily is mandatory.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to liaise with specific trades for projects and organise schedules.
- Able to problem solve and take responsibility of the daily duties.
- Able to work within a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Attention to detail and have a positive attitude all round.
- Able to multitask and be an overall positive role model.
- Comply with all company policies and regulations.
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws.
- Operate Various carpentry related tools.
- Prepare layouts and build foundations.
- Build walls and install partitions.
- Assist in building decks and Fences.
- Assist in framing for concrete installation projects and labour for landscaping projects.
- Assemble, erect, and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment.
- Assist in building and installing platforms/scaffolding/ramps and ladders.
- Load and unload materials, tools and equipment required to complete landscape construction projects.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis.
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specs to perform duties, with the ability to understand calculated requirements.