A local Bus Company is looking for an experienced mechanic to join their team. You will need to be able to Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul small, medium and large buses. Types of buses include Toyota Coasters, Hino and Bonluck.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise buses and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Test drive buses to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analysers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine, such as fuel injection systems.
- Attach test instruments to equipment and read dials and gauges in order to diagnose malfunctions
- Rewire ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels.
- Recondition and replace parts, pistons, bearings, gears, and valves.
- Repair and adjust seats, doors, and windows, and install and repair accessories.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors.
- Disassemble and overhaul internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and differential units
- Rebuild gas and/or diesel engines.
- Align front ends and suspension systems.
- Operate valve-grinding machines to grind and reset valves.
Skills and Experience Required:
- AQF Certificate IV or Diploma or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience