We are now looking for our next superstar! You will be a passionate individual with previous experience as a mentor and in community and employment services. Although not essential, a tertiary qualification in a related discipline (trades, textiles, cooking, IT, personal finance etc.) and previous experience working in a remote setting are highly desirable.
To succeed in this role, you will be a strong communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills and effectively engage and work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders. It is paramount that you are an empathetic individual with a strong understanding of cultural barriers faced by CDP participants and a passion for helping community members achieve positive outcomes.
Please Note: A current Manual Driver’s Licence, a Working with Children’s Card and a criminal history check will be required before commencing this role. You will also be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You will need to be a resident of Tom Price, as this position does not include housing.
About the Role
Supervise, support, and encourage Community Development Program (CDP) Jobseekers to participate and attend meaningful work like activities in order to assist them to meet their mutual obligations and to contribute to the organisation’s performance within the CDP.
We are looking for an organised and motivated candidate with:
- Multiple skills in areas such as hospitality, arts and crafts, trade and/or building industry experience, experienced in the operation of heavy vehicles and machinery, plant and equipment.
- Strong ability to motivate and lead small teams with empathy and positivity
- Ability to work with unemployed and disadvantaged Jobseekers
- Ability to supervise and develop meaningful activities while adhering to the Community Development Program (CDP) guidelines
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be able to provide a high level of service and communication to all colleagues
- Proven ability to work well in a small team and demonstrated capacity to self-manage commitments and deadlines and solve routine problems.
- Good oral and written communication skills including strong digital literacy
- Significant experience in a client service role including managing conflict resolution
- Proven ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- A knowledge and understanding of Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) principles and practices.
Motivate, coach, mentor and develop Jobseekers to achieve work-like attendance.
- Implement appropriate methods to obtain feedback from jobseekers regarding the quality of the projects on offer within the Activity.
- Look for opportunities to work with other service organisations to provide non-vocational support for participants.
- In alignment with employer’s vision and mission, plan, develop, schedule, implement and record strategies to continuously improved effective and efficient operations
- Build Leading Hands capability and capacity through assisting in delivery of the Performance Management System
- Manage resources and risk
The above list of position responsibilities is not exclusive or exhaustive and the employee will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role. Job descriptions should be regularly reviewed through the organisations Performance Management System to ensure they are an accurate representation of the position
About working at AAC
- Company vehicle use for work purposes
- Generous remuneration
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
We have some exciting activities on offer to Jobseekers, including Pay Off Your Fines [where jobseekers can pay $70 for every hour, they spend with us], Learn to Drive, Containers for Change [paid activity] amongst others. This is both an adventure a very rewarding role.
To apply please send your resume and a cover letter detailing how you meet the role requirements.
Send it to [email protected]