Nyamal are looking for a General Labourer Allrounder to take up manual labour tasks and support operations.
One of the crucial general labourer responsibilities is to keep the worksite clean and safe, also washing and cleaning vehicles and general yard maintenance.
You’ll also get to handle power tools and gardening tools (such as drills, lawnmowers, whipper snippers and other gardening tools).
We’d like you to have stamina and the ability to lift heavy loads. You should be able to concentrate on performing your tasks and commit to safety rules.
If you fit this description and are also interested in doing challenging but important work, we’d like to meet you.
- Cleanup worksites from general yard hazards or obsolete material.
- Assist washing work vehicles, perform yard work onsite and other sites.
- Handle and transport materials and equipment.
- Use power tools and machinery when needed or required.
- Follow instructions from supervisors to perform manual labour tasks (e.g., digging, yard work and stacking up chairs, tables and eskies)
- Put up warning signs (e.g., signage, cones) for vehicles and passersby on work sites.
- Help with setting up Community meetings and events and also transferring temporary structures (e.g., chairs and tables)
- Report issues with equipment or unsafe conditions.
- Ability to follow simple instructions and if unsure seek advice or clarification.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads of up to 40 pounds etc.)
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Familiarity with power tools and machinery is a plus but not essential.
- Communication and teamwork skills.
- Commitment to safety rules.